Frankie's Bar Pizzeria Via Tasso Sorrento 4th May 2019

Frankie's Bar Pizzeria is a small wine bar in the middle of Sorrento, with clearly labelled vegan options on the menu and was a perfect lunch stop.   Frankie who owns the bar is half English and half Italian and made us welcome and with the place filling up, we grabbed one of the last tables upstairs.


There is no mistaking they cater for vegans, as the sign outside had a green vegan logo proudly displayed.


I kicked off with a bottle of Nastro Azzurro, with houmous and crudites to share with Steven, as a light starter.



I chose Marinara pizza, simply tomato sauce, garlic and oregano, although back home this pizza has seafood on it, traditionally it is known as the 'Fisherman's Pizza' who made it using what little ingredients they had available.   This is my favourite pizza, it does not need cheese when properly made and the sourdough base proved for forty eight hours is fluffy, soft and stretchy, with the classic leopard spots on the crust.   This was probably the best pizza I have eaten and trust me that is saying something, I have eaten them everywhere including Naples, where the pizza originated and this one was king.   I had grilled vegetables as a side dish and they were equally delicious too.




Frankie's also have a vegan gluten free cheesecake on offer, but I was a stuffed Olive, so I finished the excellent meal with a strong dark espresso.   I loved Frankie's and would go back in a heartbeat.   Highly recommended.

Comments

Popular Posts