A Factoria Verde Wenceslao Fernandez Florez La Coruna 26th April 2019

A Factoria Verde is an amazing vegan sanctuary in La Coruna, not well known for being vegan friendly and was a perfect stop for lunch.   They not only run a vegan cafe, but a shop selling all kinds of vegan goodies and I was like a child in a sweet shop.




We arrived a little too early for lunch service, that was me being too eager, as they were still prepping dishes, but were very accommodating, offering to make a sandwich, so we ordered a bottle of Fritz cola and had a wander round the shop.





The bread was gluten free, so suited Steven down to the ground, layered with the worlds best tomatoes, lettuce, pickle, avocado, vegan cheese and loads of seasoning and olive oil, it was scrumptious.   They were simple ingredients, but top quality and even a plain tomato sandwich would have been delicious.




Everyone was really friendly and we had a chat with the owner, who recommended a vegan cultured cashew cheese to take with us, so I bought some.   He was spot on, when I got home I had it on a toasted roll and it was awesome, shame we cannot get this brand in the UK yet.



I will be revisiting La Coruna next year and will ensure I arrive at the proper opening time, so we can partake of the full menu.   A Factoria Verde is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular Posts