O'Gambuzino Rua dos Anjos Lisbon 8th September 2022

O'Gambuzino is a vegan restaurant I have been unable to visit on previous cruises, as they only open early evening after the ship has sailed.   However on our latest cruise we had two days in Lisbon, with an overnight in port, so I emailed to enquire about my allergies and based on their speedy reply booked a table for dinner.



O'Gambuzino has excellent food and drinks choices, so we started the evening off with cocktails, a Margarida for me and a Madeiran Storm for Steven and both packed a punch.



We chose olives and a couple of small plates to start of falafels and mushroom scallops and chef kindly made them allergy friendly for me, so we could share them.




The starters were mouthwatering, packed with flavour, great textures and unusual combinations, who would think to match kumquat, pea puree and mushrooms, yet it totally worked.

Mains were tofu katsu for Steven and a tweaked version of bibimbap for me, with red wine to accompany, but I was enjoying myself so much I forgot to take photos of the wine.


The mains were colourful and beautifully presented so we dived in and were not disappointed, mains were as delicious as the starters and we left clean plates.   Although we were pretty full, when the waitress brought the dessert menu it was too good to resist and ordered the panna colada to share.



The pineapple dessert was perfect, lovely and light and had a proper panna cotta wobble and was so refreshing too.

As we sat contemplating getting the bill, the two ladies on the next table recognised me, as they follow me on Twitter.   I admit I felt a bit like a celebrity, but what are the chances of this happening, so we had a another drink, a good chat and took a photo.   Andrea and Jo it was so lovely to meet you, hope you have a fantastic cruise on Azamara and hope to catch up with you both again.   


What a way to end an amazing evening in an amazing vegan restaurant, I feel so lucky to be able to travel and have such experiences.   O'Gambuzino is highly recommended. 

Comments

Popular Posts