Zefferellis Compston Road Ambleside 12th January 2020

Zefferellis opened in 1980 as a vegetarian restaurant, but now includes a cafe, jazz bar and cinema, all in one building, so it can be a full evening out.   I have been visiting Zefferellis for more years than I care to remember, seen it develop and evolve into what it is today and hope to visit for many years to come.




Zefferellis is always busy, on any night, so it is always advisable to book and even on a freezing cold Sunday evening the place was buzzing.   We had a lovely cosy quiet table and had a drink, whilst we perused the menu.





We chose a very nice bottle of organic wild fermented Verdejo, which was a great choice, it was delicious.


Steven chose avocado caponata, whilst I opted for potato wedges served with the choice of two dips, so I chose houmous and tomato dip.




Our starters were delicious, everything about the dishes was spot on, fresh ingredients, well presented and as there were plenty potato wedges, Steven helped me out and we left clean plates.

Mains were lentil and bean chilli served with brown rice and I asked for my mushroom bourguignon to be served with rice instead of the mashed potato, which contained soya.



The mains were substantial and satisfying, so much so I could not eat all mine, but both were scrumptious, rich and delicious.

We were far too full for dessert, although I think the vegan choices are poor with only summer pudding, sorbets or ice cream available.   

Overall we had a great visit to Zefferellis, in fact we thought the food was much improved since our last visit, maybe a different team in the kitchen, who can certainly cook.   I am already looking forward to revisiting Zefferellis in the future.  Highly recommended.

Comments

Popular Posts