Friday, 2 June 2017

Lunya Barton Arcade Manchester 1st June 2017

Lunya is a Spanish restaurant offering Catalan dishes, with a large selection of gins, beers, wines and spirits.   The Manchester branch is in Barton Arcade, just off Deansgate and is bright and inviting from the outside.





I have visited both their Liverpool and Manchester venues before, purely as they have an extensive vegan menu.



I kicked off with a Tio Pepe En Rama sherry, totally vegan, as it is unfiltered, with some habas picantes (spicy broad beans), a perfect partnership to start the meal.   The habas picantes were crisp, spicy and salty, I could have eaten twice as many.



To accompany our main courses, a bottle of Fuenteseca Bobal Organic Cabernet Sauvignon, was perfect, even though I am not a big red wine drinker, it was delicious.


I then ordered Fideua de verduras, a take on paella, but made with tiny Catalan noodles and lots of vegetables.   I really enjoyed this dish, though initially I thought it could be stodgy and overfilling, but it was spot on and I devoured it all.



The other mains were tenderstem broccoli, asparagus and Marcona almonds, in a very herby garlic sauce and patatas bravas, both absolutely delicious.



I love Spanish cuisine and Lunya offers a great selection for vegans, with a variety of nibbles, breads, tapas and paella, with new dishes recently added like the Fideua de verduras.   I will definitely revisit Lunya to try more dishes and hope one day, they will also label vegan wines on their extensive list, which they have already indicated is on their to do list.


No comments:

Post a Comment