Sunday, 4 June 2017

Brizola Swan Courtyard Clitheroe 3rd June 2017

Brizola is a Greek style restaurant, opened three months ago, in the middle of the market town of Clitheroe, located in Swan Courtyard and is five minutes from the train and bus stations.



I love Greek food, so contacted Brizola via Facebook, enquiring if they could cater for my vegan diet and allergies, suggesting dishes off the menu which could be suitable.   I cannot fault the reply from chef proprietor Rachel, who was very helpful and accommodating, so I booked a table for dinner.



As soon as we walked in and confirmed our booking, Rachel reassured me that she had my diet and allergies all in hand.   We were shown to a table upstairs, though I may ask for a table downstairs next time, as I would love to see what is going on



My starter was homemade flatbread, houmous and beetroot houmous, olives, salad and sesame coated tomatoes, a perfect starter as I love all the components.   I could have munched on the flatbread for ever, it was that good, especially with the houmous.





My main course was mushroom Stifado, a hearty dish with peppers and aubergine, in a tomato sauce, served with crispy rosemary Greek potatoes.




I really enjoyed this rustic dish and as for those potatoes, I could happily eat a big plateful with some houmous and I would be a happy vegan.

I love the concept of Brizola, with a young enthusiastic team, headed up by Rachel, serving what I can only describe as Greek comfort food.   I cannot fault the attention to detail, regarding my allergies and vegan dietary requirement and the food was spot on.   I had a quick chat with Rachel, who said she was happy to tweak dishes to suit, so next time, I would be happy to have a main course mezze including falafels and the Greek potatoes and of course that fabulous flatbread.


No comments:

Post a Comment