Friday, 31 March 2017

Maxwells Cafe Bar King Street Clitheroe - 31st March 2017

Maxwells Café Bar is ideally located in Clitheroe, right across from the rail and bus stations, with long stay car parks nearby too.

They introduced a vegan menu last year, which seems to be popular, as every time I have visited, other people have requested it.


I decided to have a glass of wine, but only recognised one vegan wine on the list, a very nice Manzanos Rioja
.


I began with vegan nachos with salsa and guacamole, presented in a large bowl, sprinkled with Mexican spices, a perfect light starter.



I ordered the vegan club sandwich, but as a normal sandwich, as it would be far too deep to eat as a club sandwich, made with ciabatta bread (which I knew was soya free).   The bread was toasted, it was a good sized portion, plenty of filling and was totally scrumptious.




I think it is fantastic that Maxwells offer a vegan menu and long may it continue and as time goes on, let us hope it evolves and develops.


No comments:

Post a Comment