Monday, 13 March 2017

Jerk Shack Church Street Manchester 12th March 2017

I have walked past Jerk Shack several times, noticing they offer vegan dishes, cooked separately, so went for lunch today.   I had a chat on social media with Craig, about their vegan options including sweet potato and spinach fritter, jerk jackfruit, sweet potato fries, hard vegan stew, fried plantain, breadfruit curry or sweet potato and black bean curry.


I love the casual vibe, when you enter, with large communal tables and bench seating, with the colourful menu board, over the counter.




I chose jerk jackfruit, served on a dumpling, resembling a split bread roll, vegan gravy, whilst Steven chose sweet potato and black bean curry with rice, both dishes served with vegan slaw and salad leaves.  



There were large bottles of chilli sauce and what I think was mango sauce on the tables, so you could slosh on, as much as you wanted.   We both loved the delicious, healthy food and I loved the dumpling, having visions of it being tough and doughy, but the complete opposite and even better when it soaked up the gravy and was totally moreish.

Jerk Shack also offer a loyalty card system, so get your card stamped nine times and get a free meal on them, what a bonus.

I had a quick chat with Craig, who was very enthusiastic and I think, as more vegans visit, the options will grow, I will definitely revisit.




3 comments:

  1. This looks so good! Gonna try get there this weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do check out McCalls Organic outlets next door selling loads of vegan goodies Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.
    Manchester

    ReplyDelete