Sunday, 5 February 2017

Trof NQ Thomas Street Manchester 3rd September 2017

Trof NQ is in the busy Northern Quarter, one of my favouite areas of Manchester and this was my second visit, after eating brunch there in February, mentioned later on in this review.


Trof is spread over three floors and describes itself as a dandyish den of indulgence and I love its cool vibe and buzz on a Sunday evening.

I was here for dinner  and ordered a bottle of vegan friendly Pablo Y Walter Malbec wine, whilst perusing the menu.   If you see this on a wine list or on the shelf in the supermarket or wine shop, grab it, it is a wonderful wine.


I chose sweet potato falafels, served with barley salad, houmous, harissa and khoubz bread and a side of fries, as I was feeling hungry.




The falafel were delicious, especially dipped in the houmous and harissa, as were the fries, it was really filling and with a great tasting wine. was a perfect dinner.

My first visit was for brunch and I could not resist the sweet potato and spinach hash, with vegan black pudding, another cracking dish.





The hash was fantastic, packed with flavour, great textures and served with some gorgeous sourdough bread, perfect for mopping up the juices on the plate.   I was so surprised that I enjoyed the black pudding, it was a little like falafel.   The dish was so good, I demolished the lot and will try and replicate the dish at home, it was spot on.

I love Trof and I know how good their vegan breakfast is and intend to return and try this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment