Almond Feta Cheese

I have never been a cheese lover, even before I became vegan, but this is one of my favourite cheese recipes courtesy of Maple Spice which I make regularly.   I vary the flavourings, you can add herbs like oregano or thyme, spices like chilli, sun dried tomatoes, extra garlic or whatever you fancy.

145 g ground almonds
60 ml lemon juice
115 ml water
3 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 tsp salt

Put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until well combined, it mixes easily with using ground almonds.

Line a sieve with muslin and spoon the mixture into the centre, gather the corners together, secure with an elastic band or freezer tie, then place the sieve over a bowl.


Leave for at least 12 hours or overnight in the fridge, to allow the liquid to drain, remove from the muslin and place on a greased baking tray smooth side up.


Pre-heat the oven to 180°.   Bake in the oven for 35-40 mins until golden, slightly cracked on top, firm to the touch and leave to cool.




I love strong smoky flavours, so made a smoked almond feta, by adding a teaspoon of smoked paprika to the mixture, which I think is my favourite flavour of all.



Comments

  1. Wonderful Blog and a fantastic vegan cheese recipe. Will have to attempt this one day :)

    vb78

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make this. And you're right...there are many different directions you can go with this recipe. I just saw your tweet of the jusrol with 2 tomatoes and broccoli puree. This cheese would be excellent on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing. 😋

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I just made it with sundried tomatoes with basil infused olive oil. Thank you for this very versatile recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts